Left Voice is a publication by and for those who are fighting for revolutionary socialism. We are workers and students who take part in the struggle in the streets and in our workplaces. We are multi-ethnic, multi-gender, and non-binary. We cover the topics relevant to the working class and oppressed people — including national and international issues — and also publish contributions to these debates from others. But there are some issues that are non-negotiable for us:
- We are revolutionary socialists. We don’t think you can reform away capitalism — we have to crush it and build a sustainable, socialist society. We believe human survival and the survival of the planet depends on it. Socialism or barbarism.
- We are against both the Democrats and Republicans, the two parties of capital and imperialism. We must remember that, both historically and currently, the Democratic Party is the graveyard of social movements. Our fight must be independent of all parties of capitalism, imperialism, and class collaboration.
- We are anti-imperialists and internationalists. We oppose bombs, borders, sanctions, coups, and the entire imperialist machine, as well as the political parties who build and fund them. We also believe that we must build an international organization, which is why Left Voice is part of the Trotskyist Fraction internationally and part of the La Izquierda Diario news network.
- We believe the working class, organized in their workplaces, can bring this system to a stop and unite with oppressed people to build a new society. We also fight for every reform that can make the lives of working class and oppressed people’s lives better. And so, we participate in unions, but we fight the union bureaucracy, which sells out workers at every turn.
- We are against all forms of oppression. Class reductionism isn’t welcome here. We participate in social movements and for the rights of oppressed people; we are active parts of the socialist feminist, environmental, Black Lives Matter, LGTBQ+, immigrants rights movements, and more. But, we also fight against the community bureaucracies, often led by NGOs. These groups and organizations claim to represent the oppressed but are actually proxy representatives of the Democratic Party.
We believe the working class has the power to bring the entire capitalist system to a halt. Because of this, Left Voice believes that an independent organization of the working class and oppressed must lead a revolution. But we can’t wait around for this to be built on its own. We have to take up the preparatory tasks now to ensure that we are ready to meet the moment when it comes. Now is the time to build, strategize, and organize to make it so.
Our publication discusses and brings together those who fight against imperialism, capitalism, and all forms of bigotry. We write to bring the Left and people interested in socialism together to be a stronger force — with the aim of building a revolutionary socialist force to defeat the enemies of the working class and oppressed people.
Internationalism is Imperative
Left Voice is part of the La Izquierda Diario Network, a Trotskyist news network in 14 different countries — and growing. Our aim through our international network is to engage in international struggle, debates, and strategic planning here in the heart of world imperialism. As revolutionaries in the United States, we have the opportunity and responsibility to take down the beast from the inside and stop it from invading and attacking the other countries under its thumb. Socialism in the United States can not be successful if its military continues to oppress, exploit and control the economic and political life of other countries. U.S. imperialism must be smashed, and revolutionaries in the United States must be at the forefront of its demise.
We also fight for the liberation of the working class and oppressed people from supposed “progressive” regimes around the world. The working class must control society to liberate it from capitalism. While we defend all countries against U.S. imperialism, we do not support the governments of Latin America’s Pink Tide, Cuba, China, or any of the supposedly “socialist” countries in which workers do not hold the reins of power. We also reject the “campist” perspective of much of the U.S. Left that has led them to support countless bourgeois governments across the world.
We believe that internationalism requires a tireless and constant solidarity with workers and oppressed people across the world, against the bourgeoisie both in their own counties and in imperialist powers. We believe that the revolution will not be completed until everyone, across the world, is finally free of the yoke of capitalism.
Contact Us to Contribute or Join Left Voice
If you want to fight and defeat capitalism and imperialism and all forms of bigotry, join us. Our goal is uncompromising, and all of us participating in the struggle in our workplaces and in the streets must come together if we are to win.
We welcome contributions in the form of articles, videos, photos and art. Help document the struggles you’re seeing, analyzing, and participating in. The left is stronger when we all engage with ideas and debate openly and in a comradely manner.
Support us on Patreon
A donation of any size helps us continue our work. Click here to support us on Patreon. Funds are used for website costs and to support comrades covering class struggle across the U.S. and around the world